In the light of the coronavirus pandemic, we have made some changes in order to keep everyone safe at school.
- You can view our school Protective Measures Risk Assessment here.
- You can view the action St Joseph's School will take if a child displays symptoms of Covid-19 at school.
- Key Points to Remember to help keep us all safe at St Joseph's School.
- Department of Health & Social Care - Letter to parents and guardians 25/9/2020: when you should book a coronavirus test for your child.
- Please see here for St Joseph's Remote Learning Contingency Plan.
The Government have issued guidance for parents who are concerned that their child may have coronavirus symptoms.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
What to do if you have symptoms
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
- Get a test to check if you have coronavirus as soon as possible.
- Stay at home and do not have visitors until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test.
Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must also stay at home until you get your result.
Here are some useful links and important information:
- Please see here for the Risk Assessment for Music Lessons at school.
- Please see here for the Risk Assessment for Wraparound Care at school.
- The Department of Education Coronavirus Helpline is available to answer questions about coronavirus (COVID-19) relating to education and children’s social care: 0800 046 8687. Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm. Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 4pm.
- Please see here for Reigate & Banstead Coronavirus Information.
- Surrey Escalation Status Map - 7 Oct 2020
- Please see here for the Government Guidence for School Opening.
- What parents and carers need to know about schools in the Autumn Term - updated 31st October.
- Here is a video link advising how to administer a test.
- Health, Wellbeing and Emotional Wellbeing Support for Children in Surrey
- Please find attached a letter from the CAMHS Early Intervention Team on how to manage Anxiety.
- Useful links and videos from CAMHS can be found here.