In the light of the coronavirus pandemic, we have made some changes in order to keep everyone safe at school.
- You can view our school Protective Measures Risk Assessment here.
- You can view the action St Joseph's School will take if a child displays symptoms of Covid-19 at school.
- Key Points to Remember to help keep us all safe at St Joseph's School.
- Department of Health & Social Care - Letter to parents and guardians 25/9/2020: when you should book a coronavirus test for your child.
The Government have issued guidance for parents who are concerned that their child may have coronavirus symptoms.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
What to do if you have symptoms
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
- Get a test to check if you have coronavirus as soon as possible.
- Stay at home and do not have visitors until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test.
Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must also stay at home until you get your result.
Here are some useful links and important information:
- Please see here for the Risk Assessment for Music Lessons at school.
- Please see here for the Risk Assessment for Wraparound Care at school.
- The Department of Education Coronavirus Helpline is available to answer questions about coronavirus (COVID-19) relating to education and children’s social care: 0800 046 8687. Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm. Saturday and Sunday from 10am to 4pm.
- Please see here for Reigate & Banstead Coronavirus Information.
- Please see here for the Government Guidence for School Opening.
- Here is a video link advising how to administer a test.
- Health, Wellbeing and Emotional Wellbeing Support for Children in Surrey
Please find attached a letter from the CAMHS Early Intervention Team on how to manage Anxiety.
Useful links and videos from CAMHS can be found here.