Our Catholic Ethos, Aims and Values
- To follow the principles of our Catholic Faith in order to prepare the children to become positive and caring members of our society with a moral responsibility towards each other.
- To encourage an awareness of God’s presence in each other.
- To help each individual acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for the next stage of education.
- To provide a structured and well balanced curriculum which will enable all pupils to progress within their ability range and strive to enable them to reach their full potential.
- To develop a calm atmosphere, in which children feel motivated and trusted to take risks, demonstrate individual responsibility, enjoy the challenge of learning, and develop a resilience to setbacks in order to reach a goal.
- To foster home, school and parish links.
Mutual respect, courtesy and good discipline are expected in all areas of school life. Good behaviour is positively reinforced.
St Joseph's Catholic Primary School is
A calm, holy place where we pray, think and celebrate God's world.
Where we can share a true love of learning through our creative and
Where we celebrate and nurture the gifts and talents of every person as
uniquely created in the image of God.
A supportive community where home, school and church work together.
Learning and laughing together in the light of God's love.
Our School Creed
This is our school,
Let peace dwell here.
Let the school be full of contentment.
Let love abide here,
Love of our school,
Love of one another,
Love of mankind,
Love of life itself
And love of Jesus.
Let us remember,
That as many hands built our school,
So many hearts make our school.