The Government gives money to schools to help children from lower income families do their very best. This funding is called a ‘Pupil Premium Grant’ (PPG).
For families who qualify for PPG, their children will receive Free School Meals (FSM) (beyond Universal Free School Meals (UFSM) which ceases at the end of Year 2), as well as help with other school costs such as school activities (e.g. school clubs) or curriculum enrichment opportunities such as learning to play an instrument, and may also receive other financial help such as uniform costs.
The Pupil Premium Grant allows us to support these children in a variety of ways, for example: one to one or small group tuition, school based interventions, booster classes, social skills interventions and financial assistance with residential trips, outings and activities.
Furthermore, if your child is eligible for FSM/PPG, they will remain eligible until they finish the phase of schooling they’re in on 31 March 2022.
Are you eligible?
You can register your child for PP / Free School Meals if you receive any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
If you require any further information please contact the school. We would encourage any parent or carer who thinks they may be eligible for FSM/PPG to fill out the Free School Meal Eligibility & Pupil Premium Application Form or contact the school office. All discussions will be entirely confidential.
Click here for more information from Gov.uk.
Please click on the links on the right for more information...
2013 - 2014
2014 - 2015
2015 - 2016
2016 - 2017
2018 - 2019
2019 - 2020
2020 - 2021