The Governors at St Joseph's
Our Governors are drawn from the local community and freely give their time and expertise in order to support the work of the school.
There are several different categories of Governor:
- Foundation Governors are appointed by the Diocese;
- Parent Governors are appointed by self-nomination and parent vote where necessary;
- Staff Governors are appointed by self-nomination and staff vote where necessary;
- Local Authority and Co-opted Governors are appointed by the Governing Board.
We are blessed to have a committed and multi-talented Governing Board with a wide variety of experience and expertise.
Some of the main duties carried out in conjunction with the school leadership team are:
- Setting targets for pupil achievement
- Managing the school’s finances
- Making sure the curriculum is balanced and broadly based
- Appointing staff
At St Joseph’s the governors are organised into five committees to manage this:
- Ethos, Discipline and Relationships
Contact our Chair of Governors
Who are the Governors?
|Barbara Barrett (Chair)||Foundation|
|Jane Manfield (Vice Chair)||Foundation|