For the 2020/21 academic year, the Wellbeing team will be launching a range of new agendas ensuring our children and staff are given the support
needed as we return to school after the disruption of the 2019/20 school year.
Their work will include:
- Implementing a new PSHE curriculum based on three core themes – health and wellbeing, relationships and
living in the wider world.
- Introducing the St Joseph’s Core Values and the Wheel of Wellbeing.
- Reintroducing The Daily Mile and launching a whole school exercise programme.
- Raising money for Young Minds – a charity focusing on the wellbeing of children and young adults
Alongside our ‘Behaviour for Learning’ values we have also launched The St Joseph’s ‘Wheel of Wellbeing’.
The Wheel of Wellbeing, or WOW, focuses on six key themes.
- Body – being active and keeping healthy.
- Mind – promoting life-long learning and being open to trying new things.
- Spirit – looking out for others, practising random acts of kindness, giving thanks.
- People – connecting with others.
- Place – savouring our surroundings.
- Planet – looking after our planet.
The primary leadership team will work alongside the wellbeing team in introducing themes throughout the school year, giving them ideas on how they can demonstrate the different areas and boost their wellbeing in the school.